Friday 12 June 2009

What a week!

It always amazes me when I look back and realise it's three weeks since I posted to the blog. Time just seems to fly, and I'm coming to the conclusion that to do all the things you need to do to run a business successfully you need at least ten heads, six pairs of hands, a couple of extra pairs of feet, six computers, a 36-hour day, and a bank account with millions to spend on advertising.

So much has been happening over the last couple of weeks that I sometimes wish I was back in my old job teaching snotty-nosed kids who didn't want to learn. I sometimes remember with nostalgia staying up till midnight marking and preparing for the next day.

But, no, of course I wouldn't go back there, not for all the – tea in China?
(China? Don't start me off on that one, we're ethical).

So what's been going on at Essentially Natural?

Well, we're in the middle of the exhibition/craft fair season, and, mentioning that, we're at a garden party tomorrow (Saturday) at Whitworth Library. So we've been getting things ready for that, as well as updating our website, literature, photos, etc. etc.

You can read more about the library and Whitworth here:

If you can't make tomorrow, we're supporting a local school in Bacup in a week or two – watch this space for details.

Josef, our 18-year-old, is in the middle of his "A"-levels, so we're all stressed, and working from home means that we're stressed in the daytime as well!

But the big news is nothing to do with our business, although of course I hope it will have spin-offs.

Our son, Anton, is taking over the restaurant at the Horse and Jockey pub in Edenfield, just up the road from us. And of course he needs lots of advice from his Mum and Dad. :)

We'll post more information nearer the launch date, but in the meantime you might want to head over to Ask Rossendale to have a look at what else is going on in our locality. We'll have some pages up there soon, but, yes, you've guessed it, I've not had time to put anything up there yet.

Oh yeah, one last thing:

If you've not yet got anything for your Dad, why not take a look at our Father's Day page? You could do a lot worse. :)

No comments: