Friday 18 January 2013

Competition - Popcorn Day

When I asked our IT apprentice, Matthew, to 'populate our work calendar with upcoming events' so I could write about them in our blog or on Facebook, I never imagined he would find that tomorrow, 19th January, is 'National Popcorn Day'. No, not in the States but here in the UK calendar of events.
I have desperately researched this morning, and can find no relevance to Essentially Natural or what we do to write about. Apart from an evening watching a 'soap' on TV with a bag of popcorn, or having a romantic (soy) candlelit night in with a loved one and, yes, you've guessed it, a bag of popcorn.

So can anyone tell me why we in the UK would even think about celebrating popcorn with a day of - what, eating popcorn? Making popcorn? Scattering popcorn outside for the birds (I would have thought this rather dangerous given the hard husk, unless you cook them first, in which case your kids would eat them anyway)?

So, here's what I propose. Anyone who can come up with a reason that will make me accept that tomorrow is a day of national importance, and convince me that the celebration of popcorn will lead towards planetary harmony and environmental change, I will send them our Soap & Candle Club goodies for free at the end of the month.

Come on, guys, share this with your friends, and please try to make me smile on this cold and frosty Friday.

No comments: