Thursday 24 May 2012

Janet's been playing at Pick & Mix

As the end of the month comes around, it's time to put our Soap & Candle Club parcels together. Dennis wants each customer to be able to choose what they like best, and we still manage to do this even with member numbers growing. It's an interesting challenge.

Some of our customers have been members for years and have their favourites, but others want us to choose for them. Some are vegan so we have less choice of soaps and skincare although all our candles are vegan. I like to leave at least six or seven months before sending them the same again. One of our members is allergic to geranium, so that cuts out our rose products, one of our summer favourites and another doesn't like anything too flowery.

So quite a mixture this month, from our Rose & Cocoa Butter bath bar and Patchouli & Geranium travel tin to Chamomile shampoo & body bar and Orange & Lemongrass travel tin, with Cucumber & Almond, Peppermint & Cinnamon and Lavender & Geranium thrown in.

We decided with the summer weather to send out as an extra some of our new Citronella tea lights that we're getting ready to sell. I look forward to hearing what our members think of these. I do love it when members tell us how much they look forward to getting their parcel from us at the end of the month as I feel I know them better than when people just order things from us from time to time.

So I'm on my way to Helmshore Post Office loaded up with parcels after an enjoyable morning. I just wish I'd not picked the hottest day in the year!

No comments: